MC Luminary Cable from AFC Cable Systems is built to solve one specific and time-consuming problem: installation of dimming systems. By combining power and control circuits under a single interlocked armor, MC Luminary Cable reduces installation time and materials on the job site by running one armored cable as compared to an installation that runs power circuits and a separate control circuit. These cables are primarily used in commercial construction projects such as casinos, condos, hotels, shopping centers, and retail centers – although its usage can be quite versatile.
All MC Luminary products are designed for LED and fluorescent dimming systems. Multiple MC Luminary Cables can be used in daylight harvesting applications to wire multiple zone rooms that utilize building management systems to dim or raise lighting at certain times automatically. These products come in both steel and aluminum armor. Power circuits are THHN insulated conductors with a twisted jacketed pair of TFN insulated control circuits.
The newest and most innovative product launched by AFC Cable Systems is MC Luminary Cable Type MC-PCS* (U.S. Patent Pending) comes in two different versions: MC Tuff Luminary Cable and MC Lite Luminary Cable.
- LED and Fluorescent dimming
- SMART Buildings
- Armor: Galvanized Interlocking Steel Strip (blue striped) or Interlocking Aluminum Strip
- Solid Copper Conductors
- Insulated Conductor Type THHN and TFN
- Neutral Conductor: White or Gray
- Control Cables: 16 AWG Solid TFN Twisted jacketed pair (Purple/Gray)
- Permits conductors of circuits to be placed in a cable with conductors of electric light, power, or Class 1 circuits
- May be surface mounted, fished and/or embedded in plaster
- Maximum voltage rating: 600V